BrainPOP is a web-based program that features more than 500 curriculum-based animated movies. Each movie is supported by activities such as a quiz, comic strip, experiment and other printable worksheets. BrainPOP content currently spans six main subjects including: Science, Math, English, Social Studies, Health and Technology.
There are three versions that DCSS has access to: BrainPOP, BrainPOP Jr. (K – 3), and BrainPOP Español.
Using BrainPOP with Students
- Introduce, review and reinforce concepts in an audio/video style that students can relate to and that is aligned to the state standards.
- Address all modes of instruction – whole group, small group, and individual.
- Complement traditional literature by enriching a student's understanding.
- Assess student understanding using BrainPOP online quizzes and Promethean ActivExpressions.
Accessing BrainPOP at School and at Home
BrainPOP is available to all DCSS instructional staff and students in grades K-8. Each school has an individual login. Please see your school’s teacher-librarian for the school's username and password.
2. Enter the School Username and School Password.
3. Click the selected subject area that you would like to explore